Welcome [usermeta field=”first_name”] to Design + Technology @ The Virtual Learning Commons
Designs can be improved with prototyping and testing.
Design can be responsive to identified needs.
Skills are developed through practice, effort, and action.
Complex tasks require the acquisition of additional skills.
The choice of technology and tools depends on the task.
Complex tasks may require multiple tools and technologies.
Students will experience a minimum of three modules of Applied Design, Skills, and Technologies 6-7 in each of Grades 6 and 7.
Entrepreneurship and Marketing
- role of entrepreneurship in designing and making products and services
- market niche
- branding of products, services, institutions, or places
- pricing product/service, including decision to seek profit or break even
- role of basic financial record-keeping and budgeting
- digital and non-digital media, and their distinguishing characteristics and uses
- techniques for using images, sounds, and text to communicate information, settings, ideas, and story structure
- media technologies and techniques to capture, edit, and manipulate images, sounds, and text for specific purposes
- influences of digital media for the purpose of communication and self-expression